Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Sync Remote Database

Can't Sync Remote Database

I was having an issue with local version of ACT so I checked for updates and applied the latest Hot Fix. After doing so, I can't Sync with the Master database. I get the error message, "The remote database is a different version.." I uninstalled ACT and then reinstalled, so I got rid of the Hotfix, but my remote database is version 13.1.112.6 and my master database is 13.1.97.1. My network administrator is not ready to apply the Hotfix to the database, so is there a way to roll back the database version on my remote computer? Thanks
Silver Contributor

Re: Can't Sync Remote Database

[ Edited ]

You have two choices none of them great.

1) easiest is to get your network admin to apply the change.  He will need to upgrade all the databases, the server and all workstations.  There is not a way to roll back once you've updated your database.

2) the other option is to uninstall ACT on your machine, install the same version as the server and have the network admin recreate a sync datbase for you.  Anything in your current remote database is going to need to be reentered since the last sucessful sync. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Can't Sync Remote Database

Thanks for the reply... I thought those would be my options, but wanted to check first