Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Sync Act 2012 with Outlook 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can't Sync Act 2012 with Outlook 2010

I'm not having any luck synchronizing my Act 2012 DB to Outlook 2010.

When I go to Tools, Synchronize with Outlook, Outlook Synchronization Preferences and click the Synchronize Contacts tab, I check the Enable Synchronization with Outlook box. When I then try to select one of the Sync Sets (for example, All ACT! Contacts) I cannot get the selection to highlight like the documentation shows. Even though there is a list of about 5 sync sets, there are no boxes to the left to check. 

I think this is why the actual synchronization process is over in the blink of an eye and no records are synchronized.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Walt

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shofco
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Sync Act 2012 with Outlook 2010

Walt,
More information regarding ACT! and DPI settings are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

p.s. This is what my screen looks like. Notice there are not check boxes to the left of the sybc sets so I can't select any of them.

Capture.PNG 

Silver Super Contributor

If you change the resolution of your display to normal resolution that should fix it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thanks for your reply. I tried a range of resolutions but it gave me no difference in appearance of the window.

Walt

Silver Super Contributor

Sorry.  It's actually the display font size that I was talking about.  If you're using Windows 7 it Smaller, Medium and Large, etc.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Solution
Accepted by topic author shofco
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Walt,
More information regarding ACT! and DPI settings are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I accepted that post as a solution since it worked. It allowed me to choose a sync set and actually perform the sync operation--hooray!  Thanks for your help!

Copper Contributor

I am having the exact same problem with ACT 2012 and Outlook 2010.

All the sync sets are grayed out even after I click the first checkbox "Enable Contact Sync with Outlook"

Was this resolved? Thank you

Yes teh solution mentioned above worked. I had to change th efont size to smaller in order to check/select the options. It's annoying, but it works.