Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Set Tab Stops For Main Contact Screen

Bronze Contributor

Can't Set Tab Stops For Main Contact Screen

ACT2010

Windows 7, Enterprise

I have apparently cleared the tab stops in the main contact screen.  When I followed the instructions in another thread, I can click on the drop down to "set Tabs" but it only highlights the field (not the label) without the red box and number display.  It's as if I wanted to edit the field. 

Any ideas?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Bronze Contributor

Re: Can't Set Tab Stops For Main Contact Screen

Does anyone have any ideas?
John Purdy
Platinum Super Contributor

Since there are no tab stops displayed, try using the 'Clear' tabs stops option and then attempt to select the fields. 

It is possible that your layout has become corrupted, you can test this by opening a different layout in the designer and test the tab stops function.

If it appears that your layout has become corrupted, you can restore a backup of your database (using Restore As to create a different database name), test the layout in the restored database and if it works correctly copy it into your main database (replacing the existing copy).

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Thanks, but that didn't work.

John Purdy
Bronze Contributor

Apparently how the design layout appears in the design mode impacts whether or not you can see the tab stops.

I kept clicking, nudging, clicking, dragging, and finally was able to get the tab stops to show again. 

It appears that it makes a difference if the layout is in the top or bottom and parent docking or not.  The good news is that I fixed it.  The bad news I really don't know what was done exactly.  I'm going to post another entry requesting for help in how to go about editing layouts specifically for fixing tab stops.  I think it should be a topic by itself.

John Purdy