Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Recover Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can't Recover Database

I  am a single user of Act10 and Act for Palm. When opening ACT this morning I found the database file was gone. I have to assume I erased it but I don't believe so.

1. I have a 2 week old backup file and tried to restore

2. I was asked for a user name and password (never assigned one)

3. Guessed at username and password and then I get an errow that file can only be restored on the machine that was used to creat it. (I am on the same machine)

What a mess and like everyone else my entire world is in my ACT database. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author msmccullough
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Can't Recover Database

I called tech support and they had me restore the .ADF file. Had all restored and working in minutes. Tech support was a great help!

View solution in original post

All Replies

Give a call into ACT! technical support.  They will have a utility to reset the password.
Copper Contributor

Can you let me know how you get on.  I too have had a similiar problem today.  In the process of switching info over to new machine.  Have several backups and none of them want to work.  Keeps asking for username and passwords that I have never had

Kind regards

Platinum Elite Contributor

You will always have a username... if only one user, it will usually be your name. If it had never asked you to enter a password, then the password could be blank
Solution
Accepted by topic author msmccullough
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I called tech support and they had me restore the .ADF file. Had all restored and working in minutes. Tech support was a great help!
Copper Contributor

Many thanks.  I managed to solve my problem too.  I tried reinstalling act as I got an error on the first install and everything turned out ok

hello guys,

I have a similar problem,

i had an employee working on act entring all the database on it. before he leave he backuped the files into a zip file.

now i am trying to restore it and it is asking me for a user name and a password that i dont know.

any suggestions?

thank you