Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Open ADF File

Can't Open ADF File

I'm running Act! 2007 on a Win XP machine.  My computer froze yesterday and I was unable to get it started again until I turned it off and rebooted.  Since that time I've not been able to open any Act database, or create a new one for that matter.  This applies to databases that are seldom opened, as well as the main database that I use for my business daily.  I've tried the decoupling of the database using ActDiag and deleting the PAD file and turning off Windows Firewall.  However, when I click on the ADF file I get an error message that says- "Failed to locate resource DAL_CONFIG.xml from Act.Data.Resources, Version=9.1.162.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa. Be sure the file Build Action is marked as EmbeddedContent."  I'm at a loss as what to do to get running again.  Please help!
Copper Contributor

Re: Can't Open ADF File

First thing I would do is go into services and ensure that that ACT7 instance of SQL is started as well as SQL Server Browser and SQL Server VSS Writer.

Click Start...Run and type services.msc and click OK this will load the services window.

T

Re: Can't Open ADF File

Thanks for the reply!  I went to the services window and both the ACT7 instance of SQL is started as well as SQL Server Browser.  They are both marked Automatic.  The SQL Server VSS Writer was not started and shows as Manual.  I changed it to Automatic and started it.  However, I get the same result- can't open the ADF file with ACT showing the same message as indicated in my original post.  I really need this database as it represents the accumulation of 6 years work.  Any others ideas?