Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Conect to Database

Can't Conect to Database

I added Window7 and now when I loged in to ACT it can't connect to my databases. The files are there. Need help.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Conect to Database

What version of ACT!?

What happens when you try to open the database? If you get an error, what's the exact error message?

When I select the database from the ACT home page file dropdown, the first sentence of the error is: The selected file cannot be located. Then a file selection pop-up comes to select the file. I select the same file, a password popup comes, I put in the password, and another error popup comes where the first entence is: The database could not be accessed.

The very first suggested repair talks about "Tools." When I load ACt all I get at the top is "File" and "Help."

Where is tools?

That's only available when you can open the database.

That would be a fix if you can access the database on a server, but not on the LAN. Skip it and go to the next item

I have been on the phone with Microsoft for one hour to no avail. But they asked a simple question that I don't know the answer to, "Does ACT 10.0 work with Win7?

Unknown, ACT! 10 hasn't been tested with Windows 7.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have a hunch that may be it. I bought a brand new recent model $400 HP printer and come to find out it didn't work with Windows 7. HP had to mail me a special CD.

Can you pass my question up the line and get an answer. If Act 10.0 doesn't work, it seems that the company would know about it by now. Trouble is they won't even answer a question like this without getting $99. That's a crime.

Tuned Listener

I have ACT! 2009 working perfectly here with Windows7, in fact I've had less issues on my Win7 machine than the others that are still running Vista. I would assume that if 2009 works 2010 will as well. Did you upgrade to Win7 or do a clean install? I had to do a clean install because I was previously running xp, maybe you need to reinstall ACT?

Best of luck,

Kerrie