Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Change Scheduling Preferences

Copper Contributor

Can't Change Scheduling Preferences

We have one user (ACT 2011) who can not change her scheduling preferences.  Every time she changes them, then logs off of act and comes back, the changes are gone.  I have rebuilt her preferences on her machine manually and using actdiag.  This is very frustrating because she can't get todos to rollover!

Silver Contributor

Re: Can't Change Scheduling Preferences

Sometimes a group policy redirects the appdata folder which stores the ACT preferences. Any chance that this is going on? is the machine a member of a domain in which a group policy might be affecting that folder?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

I will look into that, but the odd thing is we are able to change other preferences?  So for instance we could setup all her other preferences and they are retained but not scheduling preferences?

Bronze Contributor

This is a widely reported problem across multiple sites, multiple users.  It's 'under investigation.'

Signature
Copper Contributor

Well thanks for the update, we will keep watching for a fix.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You may to consider testing a new Windows profile for this user. A damaged user profile can cause personal settings from being properly saved.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

FYI, chatted with ACT rep, he told me to try deleting the user and re-installing her, that did not resolve the problem either. 

Copper Contributor

Has any heard any update on this?  We just added another new user and it is the same problem.  The workaround for these user to roll forward is very cumbersome and I still can not find any information on this on the knowledgebase.

FYI, one user uses XP one uses W7, I am confident now that we have 2 new users on 2 very different computers  that this is an ACT 2011 issue.

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know if this was fixed in hotfix 3? 

Copper Contributor

Not fixed in Hotfix 3, ACT won't even recognize this as an issue, very frustrating.