Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Backup ACT! 2010 Database

Can't Backup ACT! 2010 Database

I have recently upgraded to ACT! 2010, and have a publisher database with one subscriber database. When I try to backup the publisher database through ACT's "File > Back Up", I get the following error:

The following error occured during backup. The backup was cancelled.

PRC_MAINT_BACKUPDB: DATABASE DOES NOT EXIST

Invalid object name '#BKUPLIST'.

There's plenty of room on the drive, and I've had the subscriber account log out to make sure there's not some weird permissions issue, so I'm not sure what the issue is? I don't understand why it would give me a "database not exist" error when the whole process starts with me opening the database.

Copper Contributor

Re: Can't Backup ACT! 2010 Database

Make sure that you are logged into windows with admin rights , in case of Vista or Win 7 , turn off UAC and try again , Also changed the location to a new folder in C:\, give full security permisssions to the same before trying.

Thanks for the notes. The publisher database resides on a PC running Windows XP (the subscriber database uses Windows 7). I don't know if permissions are relevant there, but I'll double check.

In double checking there are no permissions issues. The user is an admin account and has full rights to both the database location and where it's trying to be backed up to. Any other suggestions/recommendations?