Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can not update Templates in ACT! 2012

Can not update Templates in ACT! 2012

I upgraded from ACT 2007 to ACT 2012. We use Word 2010 as our editor. All of our templates are present and accessable but when we click on Edit Template under tools, we can change a template but when we click on SAVE, we get the error message

"\filename.adt is currently in use. Try again later."

If we use save as and try to save over it, we get the same message. If we give it a new name, it saves it with the .doc extension and not with the .adt extension.

At this point I need to go into the templates directory and rename the file with the .adt extension before I can use it as a template in ACT.

How can I fix this issue?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Can not update Templates in ACT! 2012

As I understand this is a problem in Word and the easiest workaround is when saving the file add quotes to the beginning and end i.e. "test template.adt" that will save you going and renaming.

As far as the word problem try searching for the normal.dot or normal.docx file and delete these then test again. Or run the repair utilities in Word

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.