Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can not search and find a company!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can not search and find a company!

Weird problem, I enter a new company then do a searach and can not find the company I just entered. If I look in the company list the company is there. Why can I not find a simple thing like a company?

I have done a check and repair from tools and stil no find. I have not modified the field name which is "Company". The problem does NOT exist after I did my original import and search for companies after the import, only now.

Running v 10.03.182 with hotfix 2 installed

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author eatmyshorts
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Can not search and find a company!

Try going to Lookup > Companies > Name. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author eatmyshorts
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Try going to Lookup > Companies > Name. 

David,

Thanks! That solves the problem. Can you tell me the difference between "Lookup ==> Company" and "Lookup ==> Companies ==>Name"?

If you're in the Contact Detail or Contact List view, going to Lookup > Company will search for the contact's company field.  What you create were actually companies that are not linked to the contacts.  Which is why going to Lookup > Companies > Name worked.  If you want to link Contacts and Companies, below is a knowledgebase article that will walk you through the process.  Another great resource the Help Topics.  You can access them by going to Help > Help Topics.  Search for link contacts for more instructions.

How to Create and Manage Companies in ACT!