Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can not attach Outlook 2010 Exchange Server email to ACT Pro 2012

Can not attach Outlook 2010 Exchange Server email to ACT Pro 2012

I have been an ACT user for many years.  Recently we went to a different email service through Microsoft Office 365.  When we did, email history stopped.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled ACT.  ACT.outlook.service.exe is running.  I am at a loss on what can be done.  I need the email history to attach to my contacts after sending emails.  What do I need to do?

Does the ACT PRO 2013 have the fix?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can not attach Outlook 2010 Exchange Server email to ACT Pro 2012

Yes, I am using Outlook - MS Office and Business 2010 (32-bit)

If the OS is 64bit, is Outlook installed as 32bit? It needs to be
Have you added the ACT! addressbook to Outlook?

I have synch'd Outlook with ACT and my computer is a  32 bit system, and it still does not attach emails when I use
ACT to send emails out.

I really do not recommend sync'ing ACT! and Outlook ... I've not found it to be reliable.

As to the History, you still need ACT! as an address book as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948

Regardless of synching or downloading the contacts, until we made the change recently to Outlook 365, all emails were getting attached to my ACT database.  I just checked the email address of the last attempt from ACT, sending an email.  The email address and name were the same in both, but it still would not add the history.  ACT is using Outlook to send the email and I have it set to add the contact if not in Outlook.  I have not had a single email out of ACT attach history since the change.  And they were attaching all of them before the change, so I believe the contacts in my Outlook and ACT should be OK.  I've got over 4,500 contacts in my ACT and even more in Outlook because of all of the Company related contacts there.

I've been through everything in the ACT! Knowledge Base article and everything looks good there.  In one of the articles in the ACT! Knowledge Base it talks about "this feature will not work with Exchange Server contacts.  This is a known issue that is currently under investigation."  This is taken from Answer ID 23020 that was updated 9/4/12. 

Is this MY ISSUE?  Is there a fix?  Did they correct this with ACT Pro2013?  I really do not want to buy the new version if it will not fix my problem.  But if it will fix it, I'll have to make the change.

KB 23020 is about attaching incoming emails with Outlook rules ... not Sent emails which you mentioned in the original post.

I would go through the KB I posted carefully ... changing the Outlook settings might have disturbed something

Remember, it's NOT looking at the contacts in Outlook ... it's looking at the ACT! database you attach as an address book. There really is no need to sync the contacts as Outlook can look directly at the ACT! database - which it needs to in order to attach history

Most of the items in the list of things to check, I had already done.  Then looking at the rest of the list, I started with one of the easiest things to check.  Macro Security.  I unchecked "Apply macro settings to  installed add-ins" and then did a test - it did record history.  This may have fixed it.  I appreciate your help.  If I still have problems, I;ll get back with you.  Thanks - you have been a BIG help.