Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can not access database error

Can not access database error

I am running out of ideas!

I have a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 7. The database is on the desktop, shared and ready to go. My laptop went through a series of updates and automatically restarted several times. After that, I was not able to access my database. 

I am able to see and even click on the .PAD file on the desktop, from my laptop, so I know it is sufficiently shared. I've tried everything, including reinstalling ACT on my laptop, to no avail. I even used the notes trick and changed the desktop's location from a name to the IP address- didn't work. 

How can something work so well and then suddenly stop? I'm at my wits end. Any advice would be great!

Thanks so much!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Can not access database error

It's usually a firewall issue.  Here is a link that should help you find information on how to work with your firewall and ACT!.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125/kw/port/related/1

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!