Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can no longer manage users and many other features

Astute Commentator

Can no longer manage users and many other features

Many of my features are gray and wont allow me to click the manage users anymore!?  what can i do to fix this??

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can no longer manage users and many other features

Hello Erin,
It sounds like you are no longer logged in as an Administrator user. You should see the logged-in user name in the lower right of the screen. Hover your mouse over it to see the security role assigned. If it is not the administrator user, you will need to log out then log back in as an Administrator.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

everytime we do that i go back to standard.  we dont know why

[ Edited ]

This might have something to do with what you were trying to do per the other thread you are engaged in with the subject line "Changing Username on License". Was the person who left and whose records you wanted to reassign to you an Administrator or a Standard user? In order to make yourself an Admin, you will need to log in as whatever user is the Admin, then go to Tools > Manage Users. Every database has to have at least one Administrator level user. To see who the users are in the database, go to the main menu and select Lookup > Advanced > Users

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Yes, she is still in there because we tried to make her inactive so that we could add me and now we cannot do much of anything as her.  It did not work when we tried to make her inactive from the other computer and add me as the 2nd user. 

Astute Commentator

The old user was the admin user.  Now she shows as standard.  Everytime we try to change her to admin from the other computer it changes her back to standard when we sync.  Sorry for all my questions and thanks very much for the help! 

Have an Admin login into her remote database and change her from Standard to Administrator, then sync.

Greig Hollister

Astute Commentator

How we i login to her remote databse from the other computer?

Astute Commentator

would he just login into her database on her computer?  would this mean that he would have to log out of his?  Or would he be logged into both computers so that it could sync??

Employee

Log into her database on her computer. It isn't necessary to log out of the other database.