Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can copy but not one-way sync Act Calendar with Outlook Calendar (Act 2010 and Outlook 2007)

Copper Super Contributor

Can copy but not one-way sync Act Calendar with Outlook Calendar (Act 2010 and Outlook 2007)

[ Edited ]
1.  I can successfully copy my Act calendar from Act 2010 to Outlook 2007 using Tools/Outloook Calendar Integration/Copy Calendar Now.

2.  But I can't update it afterwards.  It seems like everything is normal (I again useTools/Outloook Calendar Integration/Copy Calendar Now), but when I look at Outlook, the new calendar entries are not there.

3.  I can resolve the problem my removing the Act entries from Outlook usingTools/Outloook Calendar Integration/Remove Calendar Data/Clear Outlook Calendar and then recopying them from Act to Outlook.  The new entries then do appear in Outlook Calendar.

But there has to be a better solution.  Any ideas?

Roger

Message Edited by rconant on 09-30-2009 05:44 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Can copy but not one-way sync Act Calendar with Outlook Calendar (Act 2010 and Outlook 2007)

Sounds like you're looking for sync, not just copying.  Here are two popular options:

1. CompanionLink

2. 123Synchronizer

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Can copy but not anyway sync Act Calendar with Outlook Calendar (Act 2010 and Outlook 2007)

It is clear that it is Sage's intention that Act's Calendar should more than merely copy to Outlook's Calendar.  Sage expects Act's Calendar to one-way or two-way sync with Outlook's calendar.  It is true that the Act Knowledgebase article on the subject, ID 22939, conceivably could be interpreted as being ambiguous in that it refers only to "Integration", which theoretically might include copying as well as syncing.  However, that ambiguity is removed by Knowledgebase article ID 23041, whose very title, "How to Automatically Synchronize Your ACT! and Microsoft® Outlook® Calendars" clearly indentifies Sage's goal as to support Syncronization between the two calendars.

The very fact that there is a body of wisdom extant in the Sage Community that holds this apparently incorrect view makes it emparative that Sage explicitly address this question, as obviously there is a major bug in Act that needs to be addressed.

Are you listening, Sage?

Copper Contributor

Re: Can copy but not anyway sync Act Calendar with Outlook Calendar (Act 2010 and Outlook 2007)

I've had the same issues since installation. Support has had em rebuild my database twice, dump all of the calendar data in both calendar, reload Outlook, and re-copy the files Act9ext.dll and Act9ab32.dll. After each "fix" copy calendar works once or long enough for the tech to provide a case number and move on. Subsequent copies fail to move data in either direction.
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Can copy but not one-way sync Act Calendar with Outlook Calendar (Act 2010 and Outlook 2007)

Sage did contact me and, after remotely connecting to my computer and playing around, agreed that there was a bug.  We did seem to resolve the issue.  Here is what we discovered.

1)  I had specified that all appointments be "synced".  The process seemed to work better when I specified only a descrete period (like 1 month into the future)  New appointments were then copied to Act.

2)  They said (as had been noted here earlier) that the process "copies" rather than "syncs".  By that they apparently mean that new appointments will be added to Outlook, but changed appointments will not be updated.  I am not totally sure that's true as it appeas that the system deletes deleted Act appointments from Outlook.

3)  The tech created a new Outlook profile, which may have helped (or maybe didn't).  Since I use IMAP email and copy the calendar, it didn't matter to me.  All I had to do was re-setup the email.  Others might be more dependent upon their profile, though, so this might be an issue for them.

Anyway, I do feel somewhat better about Sage after they contacted me, recognized and ackowledged the bug, and sincerely tried to help me address it.