10-24-2012 12:31 PM - edited 10-24-2012 12:33 PM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Did you mean to say "2.53 minutes"? Only 2.53 seconds would be pretty fast. If we are talking minutes, then some questions for you:
- What version of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)?
- What are the hardware specs for your machine (RAM, processor speed and many processors, free hard drive space)?
- Are you accessing a local database or one that is shared from a server or other machine?
- What screen are you seeing while ACT! is opening?
- Has the database always opened this slow or did this just start happening?
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.