Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can anyone tell me why ACT V.10 is so slow and what you can do to correct the problem

Can anyone tell me why ACT V.10 is so slow and what you can do to correct the problem

Bronze Contributor

Re: Can anyone tell me why ACT V.10 is so slow and what you can do to correct the problem

Hi,

So what type of machine do you have and how much memory. I upgraded all of mine to 2Gb and everything is smooth but if you only have 512Mb then this is where I would suggest you go out and add some more RAM first.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Can anyone tell me why ACT V.10 is so slow and what you can do to correct the problem

Hello Paul,

I have a Lenovo T60p laptop with 1GB of Ram. I was thinking of upgrading to 2GB but wanted to be certain that is the issue.

Regards,

Robert

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
Your machine outside of any serious OS problems should run ACT just fine, try reducing the hardware acceleration on the graphics card to 1/2 of the meter bar, and setting your virtual memory (paging file) to 2.5 megs. And of course RAM is cheap.
Message Edited by RealTimeAct on 07-24-2008 04:19 PM
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

Hello Brad,

Looks like the H/W acceleration took care of the problem. Seems to be running faster. I will keep testing it, but so far so good.

Thank you!!

RTC