Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I update a field for all members of a group?

Can I update a field for all members of a group?

I am new to Act!, but I am finding it logically constructed and haven't had trouble until now. I want to update a field for all members of a group.

The members of the group are sent a letter, the field for each member is updated with the date the letter was sent, and then the group is deleted until the next time to send a letter comes around. (This was all set up before I came here.) Each member of the group is updated manually. The group now has many members, so I want to update the field with the same date for all the members in the group.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Silver Contributor

Re: Can I update a field for all members of a group?

Go to the Group, click on the contacts tab with the right mouse button and choose create Lookup. Once you have the members of your group in a lookup, from the contact view, choose Edit, Replace Field. 

A word of caution, there is no undo for this. Make sure there is no valuable data in the field and then make sure the number of contacts in your lookup matches the number of contacts in your group.

Also, by selecting (tagging) all the members in your lookup, you can record a history (CTRL+H) for all group members of your group.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider