Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I stop colleages copying database (ACT pro v19 standalone Desktop)

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can I stop colleages copying database (ACT pro v19 standalone Desktop)

I run ACT pro v19  installed on a single desktop PC with 1 licence,

This computer is used whilst I am not present by my colleagues. I know for a fact that someone has been copying the database (via file>back up>Database).

Is there anyway of disabling menu items or any method to prevent other users accessing certain functions or even editing field data ?

I get the fact that you can set a password, but this doesn't help, because once "you are in" all menus are available.

Any help would be most apprciated !

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author UFO
‎08-25-2018 03:38 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Can I stop colleages copying database (ACT pro v19 standalone Desktop)

[ Edited ]

The best  is... Upgrade your current license to the new version PRO V20.1 and to expand or acquire the number of licenses (Pro V20.1) so that each user has their own credentials, in this way you can define the other users under the Standard Security Role

A.jpg..

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

FIRMA.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author UFO
‎08-25-2018 03:38 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

The best  is... Upgrade your current license to the new version PRO V20.1 and to expand or acquire the number of licenses (Pro V20.1) so that each user has their own credentials, in this way you can define the other users under the Standard Security Role

A.jpg..

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

FIRMA.png

Copper Contributor

Thanks for your advice Juancarlos, I guessed this was the only solution, but  I don't really want to purchase additional licenses.

Does V20 allow multiple users by default ?

I would have thought with all this GDP legislation there would be some kind of default data transfer protection.

Platinum Elite Contributor

From your description it sounds like you're in violation of the license agreement. ACT! id licensed to the user not the machine installation. In other words a single user can have ACT! installed on more than one machine e.g. a desktop and a laptop but. for example, three users were using ACT! on a single machine they would need three licenses.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you only have one license, then anyone who can open the database would have full admin access to everything
Nickel Contributor

Hi UFO,

We can disable any menu item you want through custom programming.

If you're interested, simply open a ticket at http://support.exponenciel.com and I'll respond to your request.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking
Silver Super Contributor

Only just seen this

Simple answer is to create new Browse only users which do not take up a licence and then change your password and do not share it.