Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I search for text in "regarding"?

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

Can I search for text in "regarding"?

Hi, is there a way I can search the "regarding" in meetings for a specific bit of text between a certain date range and have it appear as a list or report?

If so is there even a way ACT notify me when this text is put in a regarding?  

If ACT can't do it is there an add on program that can?

I want this function as our clients buy 50 meetings which we list 1/50, 2/50, 3/50 etc. So I want an easier way to know when a staff member has written 50/50 in the regarding. At the moment I manually look for it.   

Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Can I search for text in "regarding"?

Scott, We have developed an add-on called Task List Plus for ACT!. With the add-on you can filter your task list by a single or multiple columns directly in the list. This will allow you to view any activity between a date range with the keyword in the regarding field. Download and install the free trial at: http://durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-TaskListPlus.aspx Once installed go to the task list view and click on the "Query" icon on the new toolbar at the top of this list. This will open a query builder panel that allows you to enter your criteria. Thanks -- Jim Durkin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

The Act! keyword search looks in the Regarding field...

There is, I believe an event that fires when a new history is created, so it may be possible for an add-on to watch for this and trigger some kind of other event when it occurs.

I do not know of a particular add-on, but you may look at Scripting for Act! from ADS Programming or perhaps the new Smart Notes for Act! from Durkin might be able to do something like this too.

Skilled Commentator

Thanks for that. I just had a play with the keyword search for the regarding, but you can't filter the dates. Is there a way I can filter the dates to the past fortnight or a certain month? As at the moment it finds the thousands of times that keyword has been written.  I tried to filter it to the current lookup of people who had meetings in the relevant period, but it searched the entire history for that look up.

If it's not automated that's fine (would just be nice if it was!), the main thing is just so I can't find the relevent text for the relevant date.

Thanks

Skilled Commentator

Hi Everyone,

I'm still desperately trying to find a way to solve the problem I posted in this topic. The best I've been able to figure out so far is exporting the list of a couple of thousand meetings to excel then using excel to "find text".  It's better than what I was doing but surely there has to be an easier way? Any help or good ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance! 

Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Scott, We have developed an add-on called Task List Plus for ACT!. With the add-on you can filter your task list by a single or multiple columns directly in the list. This will allow you to view any activity between a date range with the keyword in the regarding field. Download and install the free trial at: http://durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-TaskListPlus.aspx Once installed go to the task list view and click on the "Query" icon on the new toolbar at the top of this list. This will open a query builder panel that allows you to enter your criteria. Thanks -- Jim Durkin
Skilled Commentator

Great, thanks for that I'll download it and have a play with it. I already use Calendar View Plus from you guys and that's by far the best ACT add on I have!