Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I print company labels without a contact?

Can I print company labels without a contact?

Hi, I'm using Sage ACT! Pro 2011. I've inputted a bunch of companies to my database, but only a few have contacts listed with them. I'm trying to print off labels for all of the companies in my database for a mass mailer ...but only the companies that have contacts associated with them are printing. Any help would be appreciated!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can I print company labels without a contact?

Do you have addresses in the company screen for each company?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

What you are running into is that the labels in Act! are tied to the contact record and do not have a direct way to add data from company record.

Royel may have a workaround in the report editor.

The other option, although it may not work for you depending upon your system, is to create contact records from the desired companies.  If you leave the contact field empty, than no contact name will appear in the label, or if you do populate the contact field (which likely would be better), make a copy of the desired label template and then remove the contact field from it, leaving just the company name (and address of course!).

Thank you for your help. I just used the "create contact from company" button, so I just have a contact for every company that doesn't have a name, and I deleted the contact name field from my labels.