Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I merge two contacts together ?

Can I merge two contacts together ?

I started a second contact for the same person and would like to merge the notes / history

Thank You

Re: Can I merge two contacts together ?

Hello,

I am been a user of ACT (ACT! 6) at my company and have been asked to help clean up the contacts when I see a problem.  Therefore, I have the same question about merging contacts. Usually, it is because some used a different name spelling (i.e.  Rich and Richard).  So I need to be able to merge the notes, history, activities, groups, etc.  Also, had does it handle information in the same field.

Thanks.

Mike Virostko

Avid Listener

From the menu, Tools/Copy-Move Contact Data... Read about it in the Help file under "Copying or moving contact records". There's a wizard that leads you through it, and in my experience it works well.

Hi Torrey,

Is that wizard for ACT 2008?  My company has not upgraded from version 6 yet and I cannot find this wizard nor is the HELP index yielding any answers (I probably am looking up the wrong terminology for merging). 

Mike

Avid Listener

[ Edited ]
I'm sorry, Mike -- it is for Act 2008 (and you did say ACT 6). I'm afraid I can't help you re version 6 -- but I'm sure someone else here will!
Message Edited by Torrey on 05-15-2008 07:31 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

There are add-ons for that. Check www.actaddons.com
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com