Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I make it mandatory to add contacts to an opportunity Act! Pro Version 16.2.14.0

Can I make it mandatory to add contacts to an opportunity Act! Pro Version 16.2.14.0

[ Edited ]

Hey there,

I'm running Act! Pro Version 16.2.14.0 and we have a main server to which remote database sync. My company want to, if its possible, make it mandatory for users to add contact details to an opportunity.

Basically, we want it so that if there isn't a contact associated with an opportunity then the opportunity won't save.

The issue i'm finding is that the contact information in the opportunity is a tab and as such there aren't any fields in opportunity I can make 'mandatory' in order to make contacts mandatory. I tried making some of the contact details(on the contacts page) mandatory, but this hasn't worked.

Any ideas would be really useful.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Can I make it mandatory to add contacts to an opportunity Act! Pro Version 16.2.14.0

Hello EntityGro

Welcome to the ACT community forum.

You ask a good question and one that has cross my mind from time to time.  In fact I find it strange that when an opportunity is duplicated with all fields, the contacts are not considered part of "all fields".

Having said that, it seems to me that a Smart Task could handle this, but I'm looking for a response to your question from some of the more learned gurus who have been using Smart Tasks. 

Hey community, is this a Smart Task solution?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Re: Can I make it mandatory to add contacts to an opportunity Act! Pro Version 16.2.14.0

Is there a guide on SmartTasks? These are not something i've used before

Bronze Contributor

Try using this link:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26944/kw/smart%20task

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

I'm not sure if smart tasks would help with this.

It would need to check there aren't contacts associated with it...and then throw an error message or something so as to prevent the save.

However, this just seems to change a field or send an email. It also doesn't seem to trigger on a save, even if there is no contact information.