Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I list a company's contacts in divisions?

Copper Contributor

Can I list a company's contacts in divisions?

[ Edited ]

I have a record of a large company. I also have several other records of smaller companies that are owned by that single large company. I have added the smaller companies as 'divisions' to the large company.

My question is this: Can I see the contacts that are linked to the company at the top of the hierarchy anywhere in the divisions?

e.g. (and forgive my rather crude description, I am in a slight rush(not for an answer but just in writing this question)

LARGE COMPANY - CONTACT 1 (Area Manager)

Division - COMPANY 1 - Linked with CONTACT 2 (Local Manager) (but also listing CONTACT 1 (Area Manager) somewhere)

Division - COMPANY 2 - Linked with CONTACT 3 (Local Manager) (but also listing CONTACT 1 (Area Manager) somewhere)

Division - COMPANY 3 - Linked with CONTACT 4 (Local Manager) (but also listing CONTACT 1 (Area Manager) somewhere)

My aim in doing this is because I feel it would be efficient to see contacts that are higher up in the hierarchy somewhere within the division.

Apologies for the possible vagueness of this question. I might just be overlooking something perfectly obvious but I'm not sure.

To confirm; When I add a company (as a division) to another company, can I then see the contacts that are at the top of the hierarchy elsewhere in the lower divisions?

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: Can I list a company's contacts in divisions?

Hi Jake.  As I understand it, no.  While divisions imply a hierachial view, divisions and companies are not relationial -- there is no parent child relationship.

I've written this up as a desired feature and maybe you would like to add it for future releases here.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013