Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I have Act! 2010 Installed on Windows 7 and XP-Mode on the same computer?

Copper Contributor

Can I have Act! 2010 Installed on Windows 7 and XP-Mode on the same computer?

I hate to ask the question.......Can I have Act! 2010 Installed on Windows 7 and XP-Mode on the same computer? In the past I could have Act! on the desktop and on the company laptop. The reason I ask the question is because I cannot sync my Palm device/smartphone using Act! 2010 for Palm OS on Windows 7 Pro - 64. I have found using a trial copy of Act! 2010 I installed on XP-Mode and it syncs well with Palm. The XP-Mode of Act! 2010 works well but not quite as fast as Act! 2010 on Windows 7.

REL

Silver Contributor

Re: Can I have Act! 2010 Installed on Windows 7 and XP-Mode on the same computer?

No you cannot have two instances of ACT on the same computer (without running a virtual machine).  Also, i"m sorry, but I don't understand why this is necessary?  If XP mode helps you sync your palm, why not just use this for your company database?
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Re: Can I have Act! 2010 Installed on Windows 7 and XP-Mode on the same computer?

I will probably use the XP-Mode after uninstalling the Windows 7-64 version. I guess it is a choice between loading the palm to assist me on the road or having all business applications on the same OS. In the XP-Mode (Virtual Machine) I would have to put up with Office 2003 vs. 2007/2010 on Windows 7.

REL