Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I create an Activity for a Company?

Copper Super Contributor

Can I create an Activity for a Company?

Hi,

There are times I need an activity that relates to a company, not individuals within the company.

It isn't apparent to me if that is possible, but it appears not.  I know there is the "associate" tag but I just want to see on my to-do list that I need to do X for Company Y.

Any thoughts on this??

Mike 

Bronze Contributor

Re: Can I create an Activity for a Company?

If you are using a version above version 7 you can go to the Companies area provided you have created a company record and create an activity in that section.

My query on your question though when might you be doing activities for a company where there is no person involved?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I am on release 11.  I can see how to create a history for a company but not an activity for them.   What am I missing?

Examples why I want to do this include

- One location to identify if all five people at a customer planning to attend a meeting have confirmed.  I know I can create five separate activities but I don't want to do that.  

- Track an internal deliverable that is due to an external company that is also not really tied to a specific individual at the external company.

I am often dealing with group of people, not select individuals, at my customers.  It becomes a bit of a chore to either create copies of the same tasks spread across multiple people, or to remember which individual is *the* person I assigned an activity to. 

If i can manage to-do's on a company level it would streamline my work.  Most of these activities aren't ones I need history records of.  I just need to know if they have been completed.

Mike   

Bronze Contributor

You can select the schedule menu while in the company view although this will still be associated with the current contact not just the company.

As ACt is still contact centric there is always an activity linked to a contact rather than just the entities like Group or Company but if you schedule it with a contact at the company and in the associate with your select the company you can then go into the company view and when you select the activity TAB it will bring in all the associated contacts and activities for that company.

Hope this helps

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.