Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I create a custom shortcut or link to open my favourite ACT report?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can I create a custom shortcut or link to open my favourite ACT report?

I have a customised Contact report that I use a lot. Is it possible to create a shortcut to go straight to it, either a keyboard shortcut or preferably a custom toolbar button.  Currently I have created a custom keyboard shortcut to open Other Contact Reports, but that is as far as I can go, it still doesn't open the actual report I want. Ideally I would like to create a button on the side toolbar.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author GrahamS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Can I create a custom shortcut or link to open my favourite ACT report?

This can be done with the Custom Command on the Tools Menu.  A Icon for this report can be inserted on the tool bar or added to the Report Menu.  If you need help with this, you can find a ACT! Certified Consultant http://www.act.com/partners/acc/.

Jim Fry, ACT! Certified Consultant

952-226-5498

jfry@ActSource.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author GrahamS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

This can be done with the Custom Command on the Tools Menu.  A Icon for this report can be inserted on the tool bar or added to the Report Menu.  If you need help with this, you can find a ACT! Certified Consultant http://www.act.com/partners/acc/.

952-226-5498

jfry@ActSource.com

Copper Elite Contributor

Thats good thanks Jim, got that done. But now the Custom Command toolbar takes a whole line for 1 Icon. Can I get it onto one of the other toolbar lines??

Copper Elite Contributor

Not sure what you mean by that.  Does the icon appear on a 2nd tool bar buy it's self?  is there room on your tool bar for this icon.

What version and build of ACT?

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for coming back to me Jim. Having created my Custom Command, it seem the only toolbar I can get it onto is the Custom Toolbar. (ACT!9.0.1.162) Each toolbar takes a whole line - Menu; Contact/Coy/Group etc; Custom. As I have only one Custom Command, the Custom Command toolbar takes a whole line for itself but ony has the one Icon on it. I would really prefer to add my new custom command to an existing toobar, but when I try to customise those toolbars my new command is not on the available list of commands for those toolbars. Ideally I would like to get it on the side menu bar, but the customisations for that don't seem to allow it.
Copper Elite Contributor

You won't be able to place this icon on the Nav Bar on the left side of the Contact Detail screen but you should be able to drag and drop the icon to the tool bar and place it anywhere on the Tool Bar (just below the Menu Bar in 2009) or on the Report Menu.  I customize tool bars all the time, I'm not sure what problem you are having.

From the Tools Menu choose Custom > Menus & Tool Bars

On the Commands Tab choose Custom Commands from the Catagories list.  This should display your custom report with a icon in the commands box on the left.  Drag this icon and drop it on your tool bar.

952-226-5498

jfry@ActSource.com

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for your patient replies Jim. Too easy! I thought the only way was to have the Custom Commands toolbar open. Didn't realise I could just drag Icons off the Commands lists. I'll remember that.