Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I change a Publisher DB to a Subscriber DB on a remote

Can I change a Publisher DB to a Subscriber DB on a remote

Here is the senerio: I have 3 Computers with ACT! 2007. 2 remotes and a host.  Somehow one of the remote computers got the publishers database by mistake so now I have 2 publisher databases and 1 the subscriber. I need to have this remote computer a subscriber and not a publisher database in order to sync. Is their a way to change this remote's publishers database to a subscriber Database? What is the best way to go about doing this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can I change a Publisher DB to a Subscriber DB on a remote

I would bring all the databases together and merge them into a Publisher, then re-create the remotes

can i just recreate the subscriber database on the remote that says publishers? or can i delete the publisher DB opn this remote and recreate it as a subscriber?

FYI - The one remote that is a subscriber is currently syncing with the host publisher so i don't want to recreat that remote subscriber that is working?

Sorry to sound so vague, I am just new to ACT and don't wnat to screw up the database that is syncing between the remote subscriber and the host publisher

Thanks

Yes, you might be able to just re-create the one remote and see if that works, first

How do i re-create the one remote from the publisher without it recreating on the the other remote that is the subscriber? 

The is an option to re-create a remote from the Synchronisation Panel on the Publisher

Thanks. I was able to create the remote DB. Couple of more questions

1.I can syncs Contacts from publisher to remote now how do I sync the Resumes from publisher to remote?

2. How do i get rid of the Publisher databases on the remote?

Thanks again!

1. If the resumes are attached ... depends on if you're syncing attachments
2. Detach them with ACTDIAG, then delete the file