Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I attach a folder?

Can I attach a folder?

Does anyone know if it is possible to attach a folder to an ACT contact?  The Sage salesperson didn't think so.  I used to use Ver 4 and am considering upgrading to 2009.  Anyway, each of my contacts has too many individual docs, jpg's, pdf's, etc. to attach the way I used to with Ver 4.  I'd rather just be able to attach a link from each contact to a folder(s) dedicated to that contact that contains all that contact's data in Windows Explorer. I can't imagine that's not doable.

Thanks for any guidance offered.

Re: Can I attach a folder?

Anybody??  I can't believe there's not a way to have a link from a contact to a folder of documents.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Create a URL field (web). Then, in the field, put something like:

file://c:\path\

Thanks Mike.  I tried that but it seems the URL field inputs an http:// ahead of whatever I type into the field.

According to my computer, the directories to my server folder are:

Q:\BPO\test030409.doc       with the folder name of BPO and the file name of test030409.doc.

also I see \\server\servedata

any idea how I would name the path, given the "http" being put ahead of it?  I use MS-I for my browser if that matters.

Thanks!

What version of ACT! are you trying in (full build from Help | about)?

Is it Web or full version?

Hi Mike,

It's Ver 11-full with most recent updates.

I figured how to do the "Shortuct links" to folders, but its pretty labor-intensive.  I'd think you should just be able to go thru the dialoge boxes to attach a folder.  Like alot of other users, I'm not interested in having ACT capture a copy of the documents or folders and replicate them within ACT somewhere.  I jsut want all users to be able to access related COntact info (bids, pictures, etc) easily thru the Contact page.

I think the way you suggest would be much more labor-intensive than it is.

Right now, it's just a matter of putting a folder name in a field