Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can Act email integrate with exchange by Microsoft Exchange called BPOS ?

Tuned Listener

Can Act email integrate with exchange by Microsoft Exchange called BPOS ?

My company is currently using ACT 8.0 on the Small Business Server 2003 Platform. We have the ACT 8.0 linked to outlook. We are now considering moving our e mail service to the hosted Exchange from Microsoft called BPOS. This will see our exchange server move into the cloud.  

My question is will the Outlook integration be effected by this or does act rely on the local OST file or something similar rather than the exchange server?? If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Contributor

Re: Can Act email integrate with exchange by Microsoft Exchange called BPOS ?

This should work just fine as long as you run Outlook locally.  Local Outlook with either POP3, Local Exchange, or Hosted Exchange all work
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi,

Sorry to extend this topic after a few months but I'm investigating something similar for a client.

My Client wants to run Hosted Exchange and Hosted ACT! They run hosted ACT! at the moment and want to move to Exchange. Is it better to run Exchange on the same server as ACT! or better to have separate?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

In most cases, it is best practice that Exchange and Act! are not on the same server.  Generally this is not an issue if you are dealing with hosted versions as the host company would have this handled on their end...

The integration with Outlook and your hosted version of ACT! is a seperate question and will depend upon how you are being hosted (web or local remotes or terminal services, etc.)...