Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT! by Sage Do This

Can ACT! by Sage Do This

A community orgnization I am part of has a database in Access that is able to keep track not only of personal information, but also keeps track of events the person has been involved in, financial contributions, volunteer activities the person has been involved with, committees the person is on, etc.  These sub-tables can also be searched seperately across all users by event, type of financial contribution, type of volunteer event, etc. 

Are this type of sub-table something that is possible in ACT!?  If so, how might this be done?

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can ACT! by Sage Do This

You should be able to do all this in ACT! using History, Groups, and if using he Premium version, maybe with Custom Activities

So, I could use these features to see a member's involvement on their page, but then also see how many members went to a specific event?  or see how much a member has given, but then also view how many members have given $X or more?

What are Custom activities?

Sorry for so many questions.  I am about to get started on this project, but want to make sure I have the best program before I start. 

What would you suggest is the best way for me to learn & get started?

Thanks for all your help.

John
Platinum Elite Contributor

You could create a Group for each event... then see all the information and member's related to that event.

Here is some information on Custom Activities - http://tinyurl.com/yw6qv7

You might find it useful to get a Certified Consultant to give you a head start. You should be able to find your local ACC at www.act.com/acc