Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT be used for helpdesk???

Can ACT be used for helpdesk???

I am an installation engineer for a telecoms firm. Currently we are looking for a software package that we can use with our helpdesk.

When calls/emails come into the helpdesk from our customers they are either to report faults, to request programming changes or to ask for general advice.

We need to log and record these calls/emails and be able to put in the time and date they came in and the time and date they were completed. Also we need to have all our customers contact details and what support level they have with us.

If a customer reports a fault, then a fault sheet needs to be printed for the engineer.

The firm's sales team already uses ACT! but I am wondering whether we can incorporate it as a helpdesk utility as well.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Can ACT be used for helpdesk???

I'm sure an ACC could help you out here. Possibly get something set-up or poin you in the right direction.

You may also like to have a look at http://www.actaddons.com/products/2005/helpdesk.asp

Matt

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Astute Commentator

Re: Can ACT be used for helpdesk???

Hi VisualSpirit

I am UK based.

If this is still a requirement then please PM me as I do have a helpdesk solution that is incorporated within ACT!.