Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT 2010 delete the default value information I have set up in my user fields when I tab into a one of these fields?

Can ACT 2010 delete the default value information I have set up in my user fields when I tab into a one of these fields?

New user here. I just got off the phone with customer service and they have told me this cannot be done. In my contact template, I have entered default value information in many of the fields to show the user the format or exact information required. Example Contact = First Name Last Name" or Contact DOB = "month/day/full year".

I have been told that I will have to manually delete the default value information by using backspace or highlighting it with my mouse and then type the new information into the field. This seems quite counterproductive given the fact ACT is supposed to be the premiere CRM tool. Is there a way to set my template so that when I tab to a new field to enter information, it automatically deletes the default value info when I start to type? Thanks in advance to anyone offering help.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can ACT 2010 delete the default value information I have set up in my user fields when I tab into a one of these fields?

There is no built-in function within Act! that will allow it to remove the existing data when tabbing into a field. 

If you would like to submit this as a Feature Request for the program, you can visit the Idea Forum on the Community Home page.  Here is a direct link to it: Ideas Forum

My concern would be of data integrity, data could be lost if someone were to use the tab key while on a populated contact. 

Greg Martin
Sage