Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar view messed up. Help!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Calendar view messed up. Help!

[ Edited ]

Below is a screen shot of my ACT 10 calendar. I cannot see any of the appointments because they're buried on the far left. I even uninstalled ACT and reinstalled it and I'm still getting this view. I have tried every layout option available.

I do now get an error message when I change layout options: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

My calendar panes were working fine until this morning, when I installed an add-on product from DesignR1 to sync Outlook to ACT. I have since erased it from the drive as well in hopes of correcting the problem.

I have deleted the local preferences file (via the actdiag command) and changed the dot pitch of my screen back to normal and rebooted the machine, but I still get this screwed up calendar view:

ACT_Screen.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Parson777
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Calendar view messed up. Help!

Hello Parson777,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. For this issue, please refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2104...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Parson777
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Parson777,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. For this issue, please refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2104...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for this. Evidently, my default DPI for fonts on my screen was the wrong size and it messed up ACT, but it didn't happen all at once. I had to remove the Preferences file AND rename the ACT folder per the linked files above.

What a total pain. Glad it's passed now.

Glad you were able to get it resolved. And, I agree it is cumbersome. We are working to improve ACT!'s performance with higher DPI settings.

Greig Hollister

This is a known programming bug that should be fixed with a Version 10 update. Is there one available?

I use ACT! 2009, ver 11 and have the same mini calendar problem.  I  tried the fix you posted but was unsuccessful.  I deleted preferences using actdiag but it did not seem to change anything.  I also tried manually rebuilding.  I believe I did the steps correctly.  I also checked the DPI settings.

Any other suggestions?  Would reloading the software help?  Thank you very much. 

Silver Super Contributor

Make sure you close ACT! before using actdiag to delete the preferences.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!