Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar view changes

Calendar view changes

I have recently installed ACT 11. When I go into the calendar view the columns keep changing sizes. At this point I still have the menu bar with icons on the left pane, but I cannot see the task information for the day (or week). The detail seems to be off the left side of the screen - and I have a wide screen. I have 8 months showing on the top of the calendar view. I have tried to resize the columns by dragging the column at the left to display the daily or weekly schedule, but all that happens is that the left menu bar gets larger (i.e. I am resizing the wrong column) and there is no way that I can gain access to the schedule column. I have noticed this dynamic reformatting in other windows as well. For example, in the contact window the activity and history pane at the bottom of the contact inforamtion randomly changes from not being visible to taking up anywhere from a half to a third of the screen. How can software be released that performs so erratically? Any ideas on how it can be fixed?

Re: Calendar view changes

Oh, and another thing. When I print the calendar out it prints the same thing that I see on the screen, i.e. the months at the top of the page with the lines for each task running across the page without any of the task detail showing.

Hi,

Did you get a solution to your problem.

I have the same problem - I cannot view the calendar. I can't seem to 'grab' the correct resizing tool to be able to stretch the calendar.

Any clues, please.

Thanks

Are you getting all mini calendars?  If you are, follow the KB article below.

Calendar View Shows All Mini Calendars

Thank you, that worked perfectly.

I followed the process, but preferences didn't reset when I restarted ACT

When I changed the display settings, I was able to see the calendar (which I could not see before), but I can only see months of mini calandars starting in April 2028.  No way to come vback from the future.

I also redid the preferences delete, but did not get any dialog box when restarting ACT.

Platinum Super Contributor

When recreating your Act! Preferences, follow these steps:

- close Act!

- ensure DPI settings are correct

- use 'Alternate Method - Manually Delete Act! Preferences' option (at times the Actdiag step will not actually remove the files)

- open Act! >  you should now get the Getting Started wizard and calendar view will be correct

Mini Calendars article: KB Article 21042

Greg Martin
Sage

Got it to work; some of the tollbars were blacked out when we restarted, but corrected as we opened up other databaases.

Thanx.