Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar suddenly blank....

Calendar suddenly blank....

[ Edited ]
Activities (future) show in contact, but entire calendar and task list is blank (past and future). No filters on. Synch w/central server which shows everything good on their end. This happened suddenly;  no errors.

Not using Outlook link.

Any ideas?

Message Edited by arizonajg on 03-12-2008 09:29 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Calendar suddenly blank....

Double check the filters especially which users are selected in the task or calandar view
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

Tried that; still nothing!
I scheduled a task for my contact record today. It shows in the activity tab on my contact record, but task list and calendar are still blank.
Re-indexed and everything...still nothing.

Any other ideas what might cause this?
Platinum Elite Contributor

And you've got Types =All, Priorities = All, and the User is you?

Do they show in the Task List?

Yes, all fields to "all" and me as user.
Task list doesn't show anything (current or clear).

Very strange. I do appreciate your responses!!

Try this article from the ACT! Knowledge base - http://tinyurl.com/24j6gx

It's for an older version, but seems to be the same issue

Hi Mike,

Thanks. I tried that prior to submitting my question to the community. Didn't work.

I really appreciate all of your good ideas, though!

Another odd thing related to this is that when I open ACT!, I get the reminder that I have past due tasks, and it asks if I want to leave them or roll them over. I tried rolling them over to today, thinking they might pop up on the calendar....but......nope.

With another user in this Community who had the Rollover not working, we found was a corrupt activity

You could try creating a new database and exporting the current db to it and select not to send activities in the Merge Options to test this

Anyone find an 'easy' fix for ''calendar suddenly blank''?  I have the same problem - so far unresolved.

My error message doesn't seem to get many hits on google, though: 

Error: Invalid recur spec.  Monthly named-day pattern with no Modifier.

I was removing/checking off some old incomplete activities a few days back when ACT hung up on me.  Couldn't get it to stop or shut down, so closed it through Task Manager.  Since then, upon opening ACT (2007  9.0) shows NO calendar items displayed.  I know they're in there because I can see them under the Activities tab for each record in the database (mostly under my record!), just not in Calendar (or in Task List either, for that matter). 

I ran actdiag and followed all check/repair options available and suggested to no affect.

Funny issues: this is a shared database, and when I login from my other computer (separate license and login but same database), that users Calendar works fine.  If I select any of the other 4 licensed users, calendar works fine.  It's only when I select to view MY calendar view also that ALL calendar items are blank/not displayed.  I even tested from that other computer by setting up an activity for both of us users on the calendar - it showed calendar item fine when viewed from that user, but not when viewed as mine.  Further, it DID add that activity under my ACTIVITIES tab in my record, and I can see it on my computer - just nothing in the Calendar.

After reading everything I can about the issue on these posts (and getting a 'can't help you' from ACT, and getting a $150 attempt to resolve it from a local ACT Expert), I'm hoping a solution is still out there.  Currently attempting to create new database and import data from existing in hopes that might work...

Suggestions? 

Silver Contributor

Blank as is my activities are not showing up, but the calendar itself is?  or is the calendar gone?
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider