Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar suddenly blank....

Re: Calendar suddenly blank....

Calendar exists but shows empty of any specific calendar items.  Same with tasks.  Again - I can see 'activities' associated with specific users and dates in the Activities tab of their contact record, but those aren't showing up on the Calendar or in Task list.

Here's something equally weird: I can view all past and cleared activities through Nov 30, 2009, but if I hit 12/1/09 in calendar, they all disappear.  It's as if Dec and on was wiped clean - but I can see past (and current) activities in the Activities tabs, so I know they're still there...

Tried most things suggested as possible fixes, but to no avail (yet!).

I have the same issue. It usually starts after editing a calendar item directly from the calendar, but not always. My calendar is completely open for the week. If I jump forward a couple of weeks the calendar is populated but when I go back to the current week, it remains empty as does the following week.

This is happening to me daily. I have to close ACT! and open it again and that refreshes everything. It usually keeps working for 2-4 hours and then the issue happens again. Using the screen refresh does nothing.

I'm running Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 8

If I switch the the monthly calendar view, the current month is blank and all following months are populated.

This thread is pretty old, but the basic issue is still the same.

More than likely you have an invalid recurring activity on your calendar that isn't showing.  Often when I see this I can find out the type of recurrence errors by opening a new activity in one of the negatively affected weeks, and clicking the Availability tab.

I would check your task list for any recurring activity that looks off, or was set to recur at an odd interval.  Database Services can probably fix it, but these are the hardest types of errors to correct.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Billy is right (but don't tell him I said that).

The simplest way to check to see if you have a corrupt recurring activity is to filter out "Meetings" on your calendar view to see if the other items appear.

It's not always meetings, but if you filter out one activity at a time you can see eventually see what type is corrupted.

We have a tool called Bad Activity Hunter that can normally find and fix these issues outside of the Act! UI.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

Thanks for the help! I think I have it fixed now.