Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar questions Month view

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Calendar questions Month view

A few questions. I just upgraded from ACT Version 6 to Sage Act Pro 2011 as version 6 is incompatible with my new computer (64 bit OS). I am interested for help and specifically would like the answers to relate to the month view. Not an alternative way to accomplish the goal. When I am scheduling appts etc one or two weeks in advance it is completely dysfunctional not to have the below items. Also, I often print out my month calendar and take that with me.

In Version 6 I am able to see the time of appts etc in the month view of the calendar without hovering or going to day view. How may I get the time to show in 2011?

Why are appts, to do's, calls etc not showing in time/priority order? Just all mixed together. Is there a way to correct this in the month view. 

How may I resize the quick view or mini calendar on  the right hand side of the page? When I attempt to drag the column to widen it, it will not widen.

Is there a way to have ACT open to the month view calendar rather than dashboard, contacts etc?

Additional comments. I believe from what I have already seen on the forum that none of these items are possible in Sage Act Pro 11. I  see a lot of suggestions to purchase an expensive add on to get basic functionality, ridiculous. If you need the add on to make the program work well Act should provide it at no charge. Or why don't you suggest that as a product development idea. Many of these same questions have been asked for years that I saw on the site. So hope that some of them have been included by now.  Shame on Act for degrading basic functionality that was available many versions ago and asking consumers to buy another program to get theirs to work well. After charging for an "upgrade".

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author maryhampton5
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Calendar questions Month view

Hello Mary,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Without giving alternatives:

- Time of activity: When a date is selected, the time wil display in the right hand column.  It will not show in the calendar itself.

- Not sorted: This is a reported issue.  There is no way to sort them.

- Resize mini-calendar column: Be sure you are dragging the line far enough to display 2 months (or more).  It will not enlarge the mini-calendar, only add additional months.

- Open to calendar: There is not an option for opening to the calendar view.

One alternative:

- Open to calendar > it can be set to open to the Dashboard view, which has an Activity/Schedule view.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author maryhampton5
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Mary,

Without giving alternatives:

- Time of activity: When a date is selected, the time wil display in the right hand column.  It will not show in the calendar itself.

- Not sorted: This is a reported issue.  There is no way to sort them.

- Resize mini-calendar column: Be sure you are dragging the line far enough to display 2 months (or more).  It will not enlarge the mini-calendar, only add additional months.

- Open to calendar: There is not an option for opening to the calendar view.

One alternative:

- Open to calendar > it can be set to open to the Dashboard view, which has an Activity/Schedule view.

Greg Martin
Sage

HI Greg,

Thank you for the information. Bummer though. Couple quesitons for you.

When I clear an activity in the mini calendar area (right hand column) it seems to show a check mark only rather than strikeout. Is there a way to make that strikeout when cleared? I have futzed with settings but can't seem to get that accomplished.

It seems as if on the main month calendar view when an item is cleared (in mini calendar area) the strikeout (in the main month view) does happen eventually but it takes navigating away from the month view and back to it. In other words it does not happen instantly. Is this normal? In my old version it happened instantly.

On full day or multiple day banners my old version color filled the banner. Is there a way to color fill the banner in this version? It is very helpful to see at a glance (as I color coded those items) what they were. (IE Day off work - blue filled banner, Or all day meeting - red filled banner etc)

Lastly, I connect with my work outlook via exhange on my laptop. Is it possible to synch ACT with the exchange Outlook? I did attempt to do so and it failed but I couldn't see why.

Thank you very much for your assistanc.e

Mary

Glad to help - let me know if I miss any...

- Right column check mark: it will only display a check mark, it cannot be changed to a strikethrough.

- Update view after clearing: this may be a result of how much information (number of activities) are on the calendar.  I've tested on my calendar and the strikethrough is practically instant.  Try using the View > Refresh option instead of navigating away from the calendar view.

- Banner color: while you can't change color of the banner itself, you can use the Color option on the activity scheduling screen to change the color of the text displayed on the calendar.

- ACT! / Outlook sync:  ACT! will only sync with the Outlook PST file of a local installation of Outlook.  It will not sync with an Exchange server directly.

Greg Martin
Sage

Is there a way to darken the banner color? I can barely see that it is shaded.

Hello BarbizonChicago,

There isn't an option for changing the banner color; however, you may want to use the 'Color' option on the activity scheduling screen to make the activity stand out.

Another option: There are some add-ons produced by Durkin that enhance the Calendar and Task List within the ACT! program.  Here is a link to the add-ons website if you'd like to review them: http://sagepss.com/Solutions.aspx?p=1

Greg Martin
Sage