Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar problem

Calendar problem

[ Edited ]

I could use some help.

I'm having a problem printing monthly calendars. Specifically, when I print a monthly calendar, the print out of the monthly calendar does not list all appointments entered.

For instance, if on Monday February 8, we entered six appointments, the calendar would only print the first four appointments.

It appears that the maximum line of text that prints is six, but there's ample space in the calendar box for that day.

Is there a way to print a monthly calendar with all activities for each day printing?

Thank you.

Message Edited by SMMPC on 02-12-2008 11:34 AM

Message Edited by SMMPC on 02-12-2008 11:35 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Calendar problem

I've had the same problem as you've described -- the print monthly calendar function isn't using the bottom half of each square that represents a day, so it just drops activities. The leading between text lines is excessive, making the problem even worse. Furthermore, I've noticed the following abnormalities:
  • Using Tools-Preferences-Colors & Fonts-Monthly Calendar, the program doesn't respond in any way to the selections under "Font settings." There's no change in the monthly calendar font regardless of what font, font style, or font size that you select, so you can't choose a smaller, more condensed font in an attempt to fit in more information. This is true for both the screen and printed versions of this calendar. Ironically, the "Background color" selection under the "Appearance" section in the same window does seem to work for the monthly calendar screen display, but this is of little practical value.
  • For the monthly calendar screen display, the contact's name is shown, but not the time for the related activity; in printed form, the monthly calendar shows an activity time and the "Regarding" field, but no contact name.

This renders the monthly calendar pretty much useless. Being in a service profession, I guess I'm doomed to regularly printing and carrying around eight or ten weeks worth of weekly calendars or a long list of appointments in text form so that I can accommodate my constant client requests for scheduling changes. Now there's efficiency! Too bad, because ACT! 2004 used to be able to do all of this just fine... 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately no... you might try using the Task List instead

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

I had a user who, besides these items that you mention for Calendar printing, found that certain pieces of information were also desired, and not shown on any of the available calendar print options...

...an add-on for ACT from Jim Durkin (www.durkincomputing.com) called "Calendar View Plus" took care of everything quite nicely - ability to utilize customization for fields to display, and tremendous control over printing... Well worth your look, I think.

Copper Contributor

I downloaded Mr. Durkin's product in anticipation of purchasing it...it was just another brand of mixed-up. After having spent hours trying "this" and trying "that" at his request (and dutifully reporting back in detail the results of all of this testing), when I continued to indicate that it wasn't fixing the problem, I got what you usually get back for investing your valuable time trying to debug these software company's products -- silence. Boy, was I a fool! Oh, wait, I did get a reminder message on several occasions to purchase the product.

Purchase it?? I don't think so... I'm in the process of finding a non-ACT! solution to my contact management needs. I'm tired of being "played" by Sage et al. The calendaring problem is just the tip of the iceberg for me...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Fitman wrote:

I downloaded Mr. Durkin's product in anticipation of purchasing it...it was just another brand of mixed-up. After having spent hours trying "this" and trying "that" at his request (and dutifully reporting back in detail the results of all of this testing), when I continued to indicate that it wasn't fixing the problem, I got what you usually get back for investing your valuable time trying to debug these software company's products -- silence. Boy, was I a fool! Oh, wait, I did get a reminder message on several occasions to purchase the product.

You might also have a try of Calendar.NET:

http://www.crmaddon.com/Products/Addons/CalenderNETforACT/tabid/131/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Platinum Super Contributor