Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar problem - Act 2009

Calendar problem - Act 2009

[ Edited ]

Help! I just upgraded to Act 2009 to work with my 64-bit Windows version (I've been a user for many years), and have the calendar problem that others have experienced. In calendar view, I get the multiple calendars (they're all in the future and I'm not able to hit "back"). I tried resetting my laptop settings to 96 dpi, and deleting my preferences, but on rebooting everything it still didn't work. I'm frustrated...is there anything else that might work?

Edit: Calendar View was perfect at first, closing and restarting ACT messed it up!

Message Edited by isis28 on 08-14-2008 09:37 AM

Re: Calendar problem - Act 2009

Try manually deleting ACT! preferences.

I'm assuming you're using Windows Vista, so go to this location:

C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Preferences

Delete the following files:

preferencesBak.xml

preferencesBak3.xml

preferencesBak6.xml

preferencesBak9.xml

Open the Preferences folder and delete the following:

USpreferences206.xml

USpreferences206.xml.old

OMG, that worked perfectly and took less than two minutes. Thank you SO much! Smiley Happy

I'm still having the calendar problem...the solution posted (thank you btw!) fixes it temporarily but after a few days, goes back to the mini calendars. I'm not sure which action triggers it. Any other solutions or fixes?

Also, email is not coordinating properly with Outlook. Outlook does open with the message, and it gets sent via Outlook (looks like everything is perfect), but the recipient never gets the message.

Plus, when I lose the calendar and do the deletions of the Preferences files, I lose my email/Outlook settings. I would love any help on this!

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you might try is to delete the preferences as indicated, setup your preferences in ACT! and then make backup copies of the configured preference files. Then if the problem happens again, replace the corrupted files with your backup files.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Oh that makes sense....thank you.I still want to figure out a way to avoid this happening in the first place, it's a little frustrating!

Thanks again for the suggestion!

I originally had the same problem (calendar shows 2023) in the summer of 2008.  At that time customer service helped fix the problem.  I now have the problem again and I tried the solution presented here, but the files I see are different.  What do I do now?

Sarge