Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar only displays Mini Calendar View

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Calendar only displays Mini Calendar View

I have 5 copies of Act! 2010 installed in the office sharing a database on a SBS 2003 server.  One of the workstations cannot view the Calendar correctly. The one workstation is only able see the future dated mini calendar view that others have reported.  I have tried the recommendations in the Knowledgebase article titled Calendar View Shows All Mini Calendars.  I used the ACTDIAG utility on the affected workstation to delete the preferences, I manually deleted the preference files from the affected workstaion and I reset the display fonts to normal and 96dpi, but the problem persists.

One observation I had when I ran the ACTDIAG utility from the affected workstation is that in the database list, I only saw the local occurrence of the Demo ACT database and not the office shared database on the server.  I'm speculating that the ACTDIAG utility only deleted the preferences from the local workstation and that is why the mini calendar view problem persists on this workstation.  

My question is, Do I need to run the ACTDIAG from the server?  And, If I do, Am I going to lose the preferences for the other 4 workstations in the office? 

Is there another way to delete just the preferences for the one workstation that is having the problem without disrupting the other 4 workstations?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Calendar only displays Mini Calendar View

Problem has been resolved.  The instructions for manually deleting the Preferences file from the workstation only address deleting the backup copies from the Application Data section of ACT!.  I manually deleted the Preferences.xml file and that fixed the problem.  Once the Preferences.xml file was deleted, ACT started up in the setup mode and rebuilt everything correctly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Calendar only displays Mini Calendar View

Problem has been resolved.  The instructions for manually deleting the Preferences file from the workstation only address deleting the backup copies from the Application Data section of ACT!.  I manually deleted the Preferences.xml file and that fixed the problem.  Once the Preferences.xml file was deleted, ACT started up in the setup mode and rebuilt everything correctly.