Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar issue in Act Pro 2011

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Calendar issue in Act Pro 2011

I want to use the Act calendar as an activity tracker for meetings and calls, and as such need to have the weekly and/or work week calendars include the Contact phone number, where the default display only shows the Contact name and Company name. My installed software does not allow column editing in the calendars. I think it used to allow column editing, but that option now is greyed out in the list of options you get by clicking "View."..  Is there a hidden method for accessing the calendar templates to modify the default to include contact phone numbers? Or just a way to access the calendar templates at all?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author PMIHeat
‎12-03-2015 11:02 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Calendar issue in Act Pro 2011

That looks like a printout of one of the week calendars.  Go to File | Print and select Week Calendar and then check the preview box.  You can get a printout very similar to that.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

I (in that case) use the Task List - that way I get contact information with a single click.

Don't forget to back up the database periodically

54.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to set this up for a co-worker who uses the calendar as a weekly report summary. Doing it with the Task List would be my preference, but the managers are used to seeing the weekly calendar as their standard response. The "new" 2011 pro calendar only shows Company and contact name within the calendar body, even tho the system lets you customize columns, but then still dose not display the added columns anyway. Moving these guys from older ACT 10 to pro 2011 has them figuring the "new" version is not an improvement. No way to get the phone number to show in the calendar, then?. Really need to get into edit mode on the calendar template, somehow.

juancarlosoterogarcia wrote:

I (in that case) use the Task List - that way I get contact information with a single click.

Don't forget to back up the database periodically

54.png

Hi,

Another reply since I didn't have this screenshot before. We need to be able to edit this template to add the contact phone number, as it appears that this is the data that the calendar accesses to add the other contact info to the body of the calendar.

ACT Calendar Template Edit 2015-12-02_193210.jpg

Administrator

Adding other fields into the weekly calendar view is not possible. You cannot access the Customise Columns menu item as this option is only available for customising list views like the task list, which I would recommend that you use in this case.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm sure his is correct, having tried making edits in every available instance and finding, as you say, that column edits only affect the various list views. Perhaps you can help me understand how the calendar below was created in our ancient Act 6 version, but 2011 pro can't be configured to produce this same page? This was way before my time at this Company, and I cannot backtrack to find out how this was accomplished years ago?

ACT 6 Calendar Page with Phones 2.JPG

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I don't have any experience with v6, so I'm not sure if this was actually getting the contacts phone number from the phone number field, or if whoever was scheduling the activity copied the phone number into the location field on the activity. This would be the only way to show such data in the calendar view in recent versions of Act!.
After v6, the software was completely re-written, so that's why there are these odd feature differences.

Solution
Accepted by topic author PMIHeat
‎12-03-2015 11:02 AM
Silver Super Contributor

That looks like a printout of one of the week calendars.  Go to File | Print and select Week Calendar and then check the preview box.  You can get a printout very similar to that.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

The data did fill automatically. Looks like that feature got lost in the shuffle. Thanks for the help.

wellmet wrote:

Stan

Hi Wellmet,

Looks like you win the prize on this one. The missing phone numbers that refuse to show onscreen in the calendar view are there when the page is PRINTED,

Those of us who are extremely stubborn trying to get the phone numbers to show onscreen before printing are now totally chagrined at not catching this interesting quirk of ACT!. Good news is now I can offer the rest of the crew a proper solution to their angst about missing numbers. Bad news is the time lost trying to game the system to make it work as I thought it should, not knowing that it was going to ACT! the way it wanted to, regardless of my opinion. I'm certainly going to be more flexible and cautious of the oddities in the software going forward. Thanks and kudos to you!

Bill