Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar invitations sent to iphone user fail

Copper Contributor

Calendar invitations sent to iphone user fail

When I generate a calendar invitation in ACT (2011 pro) and have it send invitations via email, users on iphones do not receive the invitation.  Even though the invite goes through outlook to be sent, they still fail if they originated in ACT.  If I create an invitation in Outlook and send it  - it is fine.

Usually the receiving user doesn't even see it.  Iphone users who have replaced the native iphone calendar app with the Google calendar app seem to be fine.

Is there a known issue that iphone (4s) users running the native calendar / email apps cannot receive and process calendar invites that originate in ACT?

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Calendar invitations sent to iphone user fail

Copper Contributor

The Iphones are personal smart phones, only connected to public cellular service providers.  There is no use of exchange or active sync. 

Ken Wiens
www.kgw-consultants.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

There are similar issues on the Apple site if it's sync'd to other systems ... they seem to have problems with invites on the iOS system. I don't think it's anything specific to ACT!
Silver Super Contributor

Calendar sync is very complex.  No two companies agree on one standard.  There are standards it's just that everyone "extends" the standard making them...you guessed it...non-standard...

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Just to be clear here - The iphone is not being sync'ed - there is no sync issue at play.  The iphone is just supposed to receive an invitation to a meeting via email and put it in the calendar.  The iphone user is not using ACT, they are just someone I am inviting to a meeting.   Just like I send an outlook meeting invitation to multiuple invitees.  The invitees mail clients, be it outlook, or any other email client recognizes it as an invitation and lets the user accept, decline or tentatively accept it.

If I send an invitation from outlook to an iphone user they get the invitation and can respond accordingly.  That same user, however will not receive the invitation if it was generated from Act and then went through my outlook before heading off to the invitees. 

Ken Wiens
www.kgw-consultants.com