Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar has disappeared and cannot make new entries

Calendar has disappeared and cannot make new entries

Upon entering a new contact today, attempted to schedule date for May 17, 2012. No problem entering date but when attempted to enter time got following message:

Invalid recurrence pattern. Retrieval of named days expects day type of Named. Actual value was None.

After which entire calendar wiped clean. (thankfully still exists on my phone) I have attempted to determine if problem was specific to that contact, but relates to all contacts if attempting to schedule entry for any date beyond May 1, 2012.

Software version: Sage Act! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0 Hot Fix 2

Needless to say, I am unhappy. I have used Act since DOS days, and was quite happy with Act! 2000. I was compelled to purchase this version after purchasing a new computer with Windows 7 OS. I am hopeful someone can suggest a fix to this problem.

Re: Calendar has disappeared and cannot make new entries

Update: Installed SP1, did not fix problem. Also, dates seem to appear in dashboard. Calendar erasure appears to be from this month forward. March calendar appears to have all dates intact.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello TerenceRussell,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This issue is generally associated with corrupted recurring activities brought into the Sage ACT! calendar through Google synchronization. 

If you have synchronized wth Google: Since you have a specific timeframe, try removing the recurring activities from Google for that timeframe and synchronize > test to see if issue is resolved.

Greg Martin
Sage

Checked Google calendar. Removed all recurring meetings and Google Calendar created events that duplicated ACT! events. Attempted to sync and got error msg; Integration failed. I have relied on ACT! for 20 years without problem. I recently installed this version when my ACT! 2000 failed to install onto Windows 7. It kind of irked me that, on top of having to purchase a new computer, I actually had to purchase a newer version of software. Now, after only a few months, it doesn't even work.
Platinum Super Contributor

Apparently the synchronization did not remove the 'problem' activity(s). In ACT!, go to the Task List and look for any events that would have come from the Google calendar and delete them. Once deleted, check results.

On the Task List, you may need to enable the 'Show Tasks from Other Applications' > located under Options (just above the list and to far right).
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi there,

I am having an identical error, with the identical event log entry.

I have deleted the recurring event which seems to have triggered this, unsync'ed, re-synced... renamed folders, rebooted, and still the same symptoms... tasks show up, but the calendar is blank. And yes, this is a Google integration and the calendar entry google-side has been deleted, as well as the associated task within ACT.

Please advise.

Thank you.

I updated my act and the last two months have disappeared. Is there a way to restore or bring the last two months back?

Hi Admin2,

Sorry to hear that this happened, while I am unable to say why the information has disappeared. Would you know what version of Act you updated to? and before the upgrade took place did you manage to take a backup of your database?