Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Calendar Problems

We are having issues with the calendar view on certain laptops. It works on some and doesn't work on others. The issue seems to be with monitor settings. If the salesperson is working here in the office they dock their laptop and work off a widescreen monitor. When they are in the field they switch back to the laptop screen. Somewhere in that transition the calendar in Act is getting messed up. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Calendar Problems

After changing the dpi settings, it may also be necessary to delete the ACT! Preferences.

There are a couple ways to do this, however, if you are you using Internet Mail within ACT, you will want to back it up first, if you are using Outlook as your email system, then nothing needs to be done. The first way to delete preferences is directly through the ACTDiag. Close out of ACT and go to Start/Run and type in ACTDiag. Once the Diag tool opens, go to Tools/Delete Preferences. Reopen ACT and test. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to delete the preferences manually. Again close ACT and go to Start/Run and type in %appdata% Once in the application data folder, go into ACT then ACT for Windows 10. Once in that folder, delete the Preferences folder. Also, find and delete the PreferencesBAK.xml file. One last file to delete will be under C:\Program Files\Act\Act for Windows. Find and delete the Preferences.xml file. Once again launch ACT and test. You will need to reset up your preferences within ACT, but the calendar issue should be resolved.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

When you say you are having issues with the calendar, are you seeing nothing but mini calendars when in calendar view? If so, typically, this is caused by the dpi setting of the monitor. More and more laptops are preconfigured with the dpi setting set at 120. For ACT, we really want the dpi setting to be 96.

To change this, you will right click on the desktop and select Properties. Once in the display properties, go to the Settings Tab and click on Advanced. On the General Tab, set the dpi setting to Normal Size (96DPI). Once you apply the settings you will need to reboot the machine. Once that is done, you should be able to view the calendar correctly.

Thank you for posting.

Yeah, I tried that. It didn't work. And yes, I mean all I see are mini calendars at the top and lines through the bottom.
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

After changing the dpi settings, it may also be necessary to delete the ACT! Preferences.

There are a couple ways to do this, however, if you are you using Internet Mail within ACT, you will want to back it up first, if you are using Outlook as your email system, then nothing needs to be done. The first way to delete preferences is directly through the ACTDiag. Close out of ACT and go to Start/Run and type in ACTDiag. Once the Diag tool opens, go to Tools/Delete Preferences. Reopen ACT and test. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to delete the preferences manually. Again close ACT and go to Start/Run and type in %appdata% Once in the application data folder, go into ACT then ACT for Windows 10. Once in that folder, delete the Preferences folder. Also, find and delete the PreferencesBAK.xml file. One last file to delete will be under C:\Program Files\Act\Act for Windows. Find and delete the Preferences.xml file. Once again launch ACT and test. You will need to reset up your preferences within ACT, but the calendar issue should be resolved.

That did it! You're my new hero!
Nickel Super Contributor

Excellent! I'm glad it worked.

It's not practical for my laptop users to set their DPI to 96.   Every few weeks, these users have to trash their preferences to work around this bug in Act where their calendar turns into mini calendars that are unuseable.

Please acknowledge that this is a major bug in Act and that a patch will be available soon!

Thanks!!!
Nickel Super Contributor

This has been submitted to our Development team, however, we currently do not have a time table for when this will change.

Finally!! It worked!  You are also my hero!!  Thank you, thank you!

Can i also say Thankyou very much for this problem, This has stopped me from doing my work all day saturday and i am really greatful as Technical support isn't open on saturday.

I was also having some training on Sage Act on Monday Morning so this has enabled me to fix the problem before they give me the training.

Thanks again