Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Merge from multiple databases?

Calendar Merge from multiple databases?

Hi, I have a current copy of my database that I lost a lot of information fields due to using CompanionLink with my Blackberry. I have a backup copy but it is from last Fall. The calendar has recurring events that I wish to preserve. I have used the merge option to restore my contacts to my last good copy which is from the Fall. Is there a way to merge calendars? I have about about 1600 contacts and many custom fields. Thanks in advance! Brendan
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Calendar Merge from multiple databases?

You can import one database into the other as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2cxkn6

Make sure you have a backup first and then it's all about setting the Merge Options.

You might also try the 14-day trial of Handheld Contact once you have the data restored. Because it properly links activities to contacts, it doesn't have the same issue of duplicating data that other links have if the PDA becomes unrecognised by the PC

Mike, Thanks for the kb article. I had referred to the article listed already to move contacts. The question I posed was specifically about calendar appointments from one DB to another. Is there a away to do this, either with a tool you provide or within Act! itself? Thanks, Brendan

Activities are connected to the contacts... do the contacts exist in the other database? If not where should the move attach them to?

The contacts do exist in the other database.

When you import the other database, you can select the merge options on different parts of the database that you want to keep or (in your activities case) merge from the other system