Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Item Font Size

Calendar Item Font Size

I have just moved from ACT! 2000 to ACT! 2010.  At the same time, I have moved to a new machine with Windows 7 64-bit, along with a wide-screen hi-resolution monitor.  I have restored my database to the new machine.  Everything is running very well, except ----

The various items on my daily calendar are nearly unreadable because the font is so small.  When I do Tools > Preferences > Colors & Fonts > Daily Calendar and increase the font size, it only changes the header, which was already plenty legible. 

Is there any way to increase the font size of the various appointments and other activities on my daily calendar?  This is one of my major uses for ACT!, and it will be disappointing if there is no solution.

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered.  I am new to this board, and I have read the FAQ and searched the postings.  There have been some questions raised that sound similar to mine, but I have found no answers or suggestions.  Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Calendar Item Font Size

Hello Iggy64,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

At this time, we have no means for changing the font of the activity information displayed on the calendar view.  As an alternative, you can increase the font on the Task List view (through Tools > Preferences > Colors and Fonts).

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi gamartin,

Thanks for making time to respond. 

The Task List is even more important to me than the calendar line items, per se.  So this is great news.  I'll have to give it a try when I get back to the home office.

I hope that Sage will give serious consideration to wider control of font size -- to include the calendar, for example.  With today's proliferation of high-resolution monitors, it is increasingly necessary to upsize fonts in certain apps, to keep them comfortable for the reader.

Again, thanks for the help!

Avid Listener

This is one of the primary reasons why we haven't switched to ACT!.  As 'road warriors', we need to have our printouts, and even more importantly, we need to be able to read them.  Mind-boggling how the developers thought that either (1) printouts aren't important, or (2) a 6-font is big enough for everyone to read.  One of those things that make you go...HUH??

Have you made progress on changing the font size on  the daily calendar list of to do items that appears on the right hand side of the layout? The current size is not very friendly on the eyes - thanks