Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Issues

Calendar Issues

Hi all,

Okay so I have a problem with the calendar for Act 2008 version 10.0.3.  If I click on "today" for the viewing of my calendar, it won't show me today, and it jumps to year 2011. I have tried resetting my preferences and changing the pixels on my computer, with no luck. Also, I have deleted the preferenes, which worked for a week, now it's back to jumping to year 2021... Any thoughts/ideas??

Bronze Contributor

Re: Calendar Issues

By deleting the preferences I assume you went to Start, Run type in actdiag and then deleted them from within this method rather than doing them manually?

It sounds like your preference fiel is corrupting and the only other time I have seen this is when there is also an issue with the windows profile.

If you have another login on that machine like administrator you might try opening as this user and see if the problem still exists or else I think the only thing you can do is to delete the preferences and see if it resolves short of building a new login profile on the computer.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Yes, we to start, run,  in actdiag  and renamed the preference folders first. When that did not work, we then deleted them. However, the problem has come back in less than a week.  For that particular computer, the administrator is always logged in, so you think if we made an actual new login profile for the computer (or for act?) it may resolve the problem? 

Thank you for your ideas!

Bronze Contributor

It could be that the profile has become corrupted and yes I would test a new profile what have you got to loose
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.