Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Filtering, ACT 2009

Calendar Filtering, ACT 2009

Minor annoyance:  I have to reset the calendar filtering every time I open ACT to not display cleared items.  This preference was always saved in previous versions.  Any tips?  Thanks!

Re: Calendar Filtering, ACT 2009

Try rebuilding your ACT! preferences.

Close ACT! and browse to the following location:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 11

Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows 11

Delete the following files:

preferencesBak.xml

preferencesBak3.xml

preferencesBak6.xml

preferencesBak9.xml

Open the Preferences folder and delete the following:

USpreferences206.xml

USpreferences206.xml.old

That did reset all of my preferences, but after setting calendar filtering to not show cleared again, all calendar items keep popping up after restarting ACT, so no change.  All other preferences are stored and applied normally when exiting and restarting ACT.  Show cleared items seems to be the only one NOT stored.  Strange...

I have the same experience exactly.  I have reset preferences and manually deleted and recreated preferences and the calender filter does not stay when I leave and return to ACT.  Specifically is the preference to show cleared items.
Skilled Commentator

I am having this problem with ACT 2010 also. It's a real pain in the neck to have to keep changing the filter settings every time I open ACT. You would think this would be fixed for the new version, since it's obviously been a problem for some time. Does anyone know a solution to this problem.

any update on this from our Act tech friends????

I'm another act2010 user that is having the same issue.  tried deleting the preference files as suggested, but it was not to be.  cleared events showed up as soon as I brought up the calendar again.  very annoying. 

Platinum Super Contributor

If you are running Act! on a Vista or Windows7 computer, try running the Act! program as Administrator.  To do this: close Act! > right click on the Act! icon > select 'Run As Administrator.  This can give extra authority to the Act! program to save the updates to the Preference files.

Greg Martin
Sage

tried it with great hope, but no luck

any other thoughts???

Add me to the lost of annoyed customers.

Re: Calendar Filtering, ACT 2010

Currently running Windows XP, ACT! 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 3 - single user

I am having a similar 'annoyance issue' with the calendar filter - there does not seem to be a way to set it globally and it continues to need to be reset each time the application is invoked.  I like to see my completed activities on my calendar...it lets me know I have been doing something through the course of the month/week.

Is this issue going to be addressed along with Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook interface?  In the next release?

With kind regards,

Sam Freeman

Samuel T. Freeman & Co.

Auctioneers & Appraisers since 1805

www.freemansauction.com

sfreeman@freemansauction.com