Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shut down application

Calendar Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shut down application

I am using Act 11 (2009). It has been working without problem since installation. However, it now has the above error when you open the database and try to click on calendar. The same problem occurs when using the demo database.

I have tired re-installing, but the problem still occurs. I also used the actdiag tool to fix the Activities, repair the database, re-index but the problem still remained.

I also tried deleting the preferences with the actdiag tool, but the preference were not deleted.

I am running Windows XP

Re: Calendar Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shut down application

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with Act 2010.  Was running fine and now have the error message. I am running Vista.

Solutions?

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Calendar Error Message: Act has encountered an error. Please shut down application

This issue is related to to the preferences about the first week of the year. 

Go to tools > preferences > calendar preferences and choose one of these 3 fixes:

1. Check the box to see "Saturday" in your work week (the first day of this year)

2. Change the drop-down where you can choose the first day of the week and choose "Saturday" 

3. Open any other calendar view (through the "View > Calendar" menu) then you could open the work week without any issue (or use a shortcut like F3 to open the weekly view)

This issue is temporary. Next week, you should no longer encounter this issue... This is really about the first day/week of the year only.

Fix #3 is probably the best because you don't need to change your preferences. But if you choose #1 or #2, remember to change back these preferences, when this bug will disappear as naturally as it appeared.

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

Calendar error fixed.  I read on another post.  When the 1st of the month lands on a Saturday the calendar doesn't work!  How lovely is that?  So today on January 2nd.  The calendar works again.  I really hope they fix that one!

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Scortez is right! It would not even necessary to wait until next week: bug should already been fixed today. Could you confirm?

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }