Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calendar Conversion from ACT 6 to ACT 10

Calendar Conversion from ACT 6 to ACT 10

Hi! I figured out how to install ACT 2008 and import my contacts - everything seemed to have gone smoothly till I opened my calendar and found it was empty - no meetings, calls or to dos on the calendar.  The notes on conversion say that activities do convert.  I'm not sure what went wrong.  Having uninstalled ACT 6.0 --- this is a big problem.  Any suggestions on how to retrieve my meetings, calls and to dos would be greatly appreciated... 

Desparate,

Lisa

Viewing To Dos, Meetings and Call Converted from ACT 6 to ACT 10

Fortunately for an alarm I found that my activities seem to be in the system but do not show up on the calendar.  When I tried to schedule a meeting, I got a message saying "Error - Invalid Recur spec.  Day Type is typed but no typed day exists in the recur spec???  Whatever that means... the same thing happens for calls - but, scheduling to dos appears to be fine.  Any suggestions?

REgards,

Lisa

Re: Viewing To Dos, Meetings and Call Converted from ACT 6 to ACT 10

I am having a similar error.  However, it happens on converting version 6 DBF to version 10 (Standard).  The conversion goes almost to the very end and then dies.

This is the log of the conversion:

Updating database...
Converting Contacts...
       1881 of 1881 converted.
Converting Users...
       2 of 2 converted.
Converting Groups...
       5 of 5 converted.
Converting Activities...
       1643 of 1643 converted.
Converting Notes and Histories...
       9436 of 9436 converted.
Converting Opportunity drop-down list values...
       0 of 0 converted.
Converting Opportunities...
       0 of 0 converted.
Error: Invalid recur spec. DayType is 'typed' but no typed day exists in the recur spec.